In this spiritual powerhouse of a book, Eric Sammons organizes the wisdom of St. Josemaria Escriva into an action plan for living out holiness in your everyday life. The goal: to foster God's grace within you so that you can be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ.
Declared "the saint of ordinary life" by Pope John Paul II, St. Josemaria Escriva - a twentieth-century Spanish saint and founder of Opus Dei - did more than anyone to convey that holiness isn't reserved for those in religious life but is a universal call for all of us, whatever our vocation. St. Josemaria's riches-to-rags story is an inspiration for anyone who seeks to answer Jesus' call to "be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
In these pages, you'll discover details about his mystical experiences as well as the nitty-gritty of his daily living. What's more, you'll find out how to implement a plan based on his everyday spirituality. Specifically, you will learn:
- How to be a contemplative in a noisy world
- How to offer your work to God and make the secular sacred
- How to be a faithful apostle, not an activist
- How to use suffering to draw closer to Christ
- How to incorporate spiritual disciplines into your prayer life
- How to identify and overcome your chief vices and replace them with virtues
In page after page, Eric Sammons unpacks St. Josemaria's spirituality and offers you practical reflections and suggestions for meditation, oral prayer, and contemplation. With this book as your guide, you'll soon make a habit of powerful spiritual exercises that will assist you in advancing in holiness and keeping Christ at "the pinnacle of all activities."